ADEN / VANITY BOUM (as defined in Article 1 below), operating under the VANITY BOUM trademark, offers high-end ready-to-wear items and accessories for sale on its website www.VANITY BOUM.com, on its IOS mobile application and in its physical outlets.
In order to offer for sale, sell and deliver its products, ADEN / VANITY BOUM collects personal data from users of its website, its mobile application and its customers when purchasing from physical sales outlets.
ADEN / VANITY BOUM, as controller, undertakes to comply with the provisions of Regulation (EU) No 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data.
The customer is informed that certain data must be collected by ADEN / VANITY BOUM in order to perform its services. If the customer does not wish to disclose this data, ADEN / VANITY BOUM will not be able to perform its services.
The controller, who collects the personal data and implements the data processing operations, is:
ADEN / VANITY BOUM, a simplified joint stock company (société par actions simplifiée) with a capital of 1,000 €, registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 849 915 723, having its registered office at 16 rue du Faubourg Saint-Denis in Paris (75010), France.
2. Collection of personal data
ADEN / VANITY BOUM collects users’ personal data on the website www.VANITY BOUM.com, on the IOS mobile application and from purchases made in VANITY BOUM outlets.
The personal data that may be collected are as follows :
– user account data: the data provided by the User when creating an account by filling in the registration form (name, surname, billing and delivery postal addresses, email address, mobile phone number, password for connecting to the customer account);
– personal data of the user when he/she enters it in his/her customer account: date of birth, clothing and shoe size;
– transaction data: means the data that the user provides when making purchases, information relating to orders placed and returned items such as telephone number, address, e-mail address and information relating to payment method;
– exchanges with customer service;
– browsing data: refers to the data collected by the Publisher while the User is browsing the Website and the Applications, such as the date, time of connection and/or browsing, browser type, browser language, IP address, location data and geolocation.
The data relating to the payment method (credit card number, expiry date, authorization number, security code) are collected directly by our service providers Stripe and Paypal.
Third-party providers of applications, tools, gadgets and plug-ins on our website and mobile application, as well as the networks on which we publish editorial and promotional content (such as Facebook and Instagram) may also use automated, context-based and interest related means to collect user data (interactions with functions and profiling of the online activity). This data is collected directly by such providers and/or third parties and is subject to their policies. To the extent permitted by applicable law, ADEN / VANITY BOUM is not responsible for the practices of such service providers and third parties.
3. Purposes of the collection of personal data
Data collected in connection with the use of the website, the application or in physical outlets are processed for the purposes described in the table below.
The regulations in force protect the privacy of users and require any controller to be able to provide legitimate grounds for such processing. The regulations thus provide, among the legal bases for treatment, the following:
– performance of an agreement to which the relevant person is a party, such as a sales contract. For example, certain personal data of the customer is necessary to deliver the item, manage the customer’s account and process any returned items;
– compliance with a legal obligation, in particular an accounting obligation by retaining invoices;
– prior consent of the relevant person;
– legitimate interest of the controller, while complying with users’ rights and freedoms. For example, improving the customer experience or preventing fraud may justify data collection.